Want to know how to host other channels on your own channel but don’t know how? Well, you can do it from both your smartphone & your PC. The process is exactly the same so, you don’t need to know separate processes for different devices. Follow the tutorial below on how to host on twitch & get your watch party started in no time.
How to host on Twitch
If you want to host for a limited time only once
- Login to your account & open your Channel page on your PC (on your desktop browser) or Smartphone (from the Twitch app).
- Click on the chat box & type “/host channel_name” (Replace channel_name with the name of the channel that you want to host).
- Click on “Chat” on your PC or “Send” on your Smartphone.
- If the other channel is streaming at that moment, your channel will now stream the same video.
- Type “/unhost” in the chat box to stop hosting
Also Read: How To Make Solar Eclipse Glasses At Home
If you want to host automatically whenever the target channel is online
- Login to your account & go to “Settings” > “Channel & Videos“
- Scroll down in “Channel & Videos” menu & locate “Host List“
- Click on the “+” (add) icon to add one or more channels you want to host.
- Once the channel(s) starts streaming, the video will stream on your channel unless you’re streaming something yourself.
- In the case of multiple channels, only the channel on the top of the list will stream in case multiple channels are streaming at the same time. So, keep that in mind.
- To remove a channel from the host list, click on the “x” (remove) icon on the right side of the channel name.
That’s how you can host any Twitch channel on your own channel. Twitch can also be used as a professional hosting platform for a single channel with multiple cameras & more and you can become a GeekStar by doing this. That’s how they stream gaming tournaments & stuff like that. If you want us to make a dedicated article on that, let us know. Also, if you have any more questions, please drop them in the comments section below.