Buckling up for the upcoming solar eclipse & don’t want to spend a ton of money on solar eclipse glasses? Well, why don’t you make one at home? It’ll be cheaper than the ready-made ones available in the market. It may also be slightly less great of a solar eclipse glass but, it’ll still do the job.
What you’ll need?
- A big enough piece of cardboard or something similar
- A pencil or marker
- A solar filter sheet/glasses (can be replaced by an X-ray Plate in case of unavailability)
- Some tape
How to make Solar Eclipse Glasses at home?
- Look out for a template of a solar eclipse glasses (DIY versions) on the Internet & use that as your main example for the design.
- Take the scissors & cut out the frame exactly as shown in the template.
- Cut your Solar Filter slightly bigger than the eye area that you’ve cut in the frame.
- Stick the Solar Filter pieces to the frame with tape. You have to do this step super carefully.
- Once done, bend the frame from the sides to create the handle.
That’s literally it. Your Homemade Edition Glasses for the upcoming Eclipse is now ready. Want to give it a try first? Find a comparatively dark room & shine a strong light source towards you while wearing the glasses. You’ll get the idea. Also, you will find several GeekBlog working on different Homemade Edition Glasses for Eclipse. If you have any query related to this or want help on making Solar Eclipse glasses at home let us know in the comment below.