If you just got a Chromecast or Chromecast Ultra, you’re probably wondering about the setup process. Maybe even a little afraid to mess things up. Well, just follow this tutorial to skip the confusion & get your Chromecast up & running in no time. It’s step-by-step so we recommend you to follow every step one by one.
Steps to set-up your Chromecast or Chromecast Ultra with your TV
Before we begin, these are the few things you need to keep in mind. Make sure your TV has at least one empty HDMI port, make sure you have a (fast & stable recommended) Wi-Fi network & lastly download the “Google Home” app from the playstore on your phone. After you’ve made sure of these things, follow the steps below.
- Connect the Chromecast to your TV using the HDMI port. Make sure that your TV is switched to HDMI as well.
- Connect your smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network on which you want your Chromecast to work.
- Open the Google Home app and confirm the Google Account that you want to use with it.
- After that is done, you’ll need to grant the app, your location access.
- After that is done, the Google Home app will automatically look for available Google devices like Chromecast, Google Home devices, etc. Once your device shows up, click on it.
- If it doesn’t show up for some reason, click on “Add” > “Set up device” > “New devices” area inside the app.
- Now, the app will automatically guide you through the rest of the process. You’ll see a code on your TV & your phone in-between the process. You need to confirm the match on your phone.
- You’ll also be asked to set up a name for your Chromecast, put anything that you want.
And that’s kinda it. Setting up a Chromecast device is as simple as that. If you have any other questions, please drop them in the comments section below. Also, share this article with anyone who is getting a new Chromecast or Chromecast Ultra.