Forgetting the password of your Apple account can be frustrating especially when you’re using an iOS-powered device & don’t have any idea about how to reset it. Well, to solve your issue, we have broken this tutorial into simple points. So, grab your iPhone or iPad or iPod touch and let’s get your password reset in no time.
Steps to reset your password in iOS
First, make sure that your device has iOS 10 or a newer version. Once you have that out of the way, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to the “Settings” menu
- Click on on the “Username” (your name in this case)
- Click on “Password & Security” inside the menu.
- Tap on “Change Password“, then follow the onscreen steps to update your password.
For people using iOS 10.2 or an earlier version, click on “iCloud” > “Username” (your name) > “Password & Security” > “Change Password” and then follow the onscreen steps.
What if you don’t have access to any of your devices?
In case you don’t have access to any of your Apple devices, that’s okay. All you need to do is borrow an iOS device from someone else and follow these simple steps,
- Look for the app called “Find My iPhone” and open it.
- A Sign-in screen will appear. Clear the Apple ID from there in case you see one (Sign-out if the other person is currently logged in). Make sure that the field is empty.
- Click on “Forgot Apple ID or Password“
- Next, follow the On-screen instructions & reset your password.
If you use two-factor authentication on iOS 11 or later & you have previously generated a recovery key, you can use that to login into your Apple ID as well.
We hope that this tutorial helped you to get your password reset. You can share this article with the ones you love so, they never get locked out of their Apple IDs on their iOS devices. Also, you can get more information on your Apple Products Geek book (User Manual)